Rule Page for the #Covet4Good NYC Contest
CROWDSTAR #COVET4GOOD CONTEST OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING CROWDSTAR’S #COVET4GOOD CONTEST (“CONTEST”). BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU BECOME AN “ENTRANT” AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REPRESENT THAT YOU SATISFY ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN PARAGRAPH 1 BELOW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
CROWDSTAR IS SPONSORING THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR AFFILIATED WITH ANY OTHER ENTITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR AFFILIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, APPLE, GOOGLE, OR ANY OTHER ENTITY VIA WHICH YOU ACCESS THE COVET FASHION GAME (EACH A “PLATFORM”).
1. Eligibility. THE CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES, INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (BUT EXCLUDING RHODE ISLAND) WHO ARE 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER, AND HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE BY THEIR DATE OF ENTRY (“ELIGIBLE NOMINEES”). IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE FOREGOING QUALIFICATIONS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. Directors, officers and employees of CrowdStar, Inc. (“CrowdStar” or the “Sponsor”), and any of its respective parents, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, Web design and hosting agencies (collectively, the “Participating Entities”), immediate families of such persons, and any other persons connected with the production or distribution of this Contest, are not eligible to win any prizes. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by the Sponsor in the format designated in paragraph 3 below. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Contest if, in the sole judgment of Sponsor, the entrant submitting such entry is not eligible or has not complied with these Official Rules. Without limitation of the foregoing, all of an entrant’s entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, if entrant attempts (a) to participate in or enter the Contest through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, (b) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent, or (c) attempts to disrupt the Contest or circumvent these Official Rules. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The contest period will begin October 12, 2016 10:00AM PDT and end October 16, 2016 11:59PM PDT. (the “Deadline”). All entries must be received by Sponsor by the Deadline to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER (By Nominating Self or another Eligible Nominee): During the Entry Period, visit http://game.covetfashion.com/promos/glam_for_good/index.php (“Entry Page”) and submit the registration form, including providing your valid home address. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. You must also indicate that you are the Eligible Nominee (if you are an Eligible Nominee per Section 1 above) or that someone else is an Eligible Nominee. If you are nominating someone else, complete the full contact information for him or her, including full name, phone number, email address, and date of birth. You must have written permission from the other person to nominate them as an Eligible Nominee. You must then, using the supplied essay space, answer all three questions below explaining why you/your Eligible Nominee deserve(s) to win a Contest Prize (as defined below in Section 6) (the “Essay”). The Essay is limited to 500 words.
1. Why does your nominee deserve to be selected as a #Covet4Good Winner and win a trip to NYC for a Pampered-Make Over with Mary Alice Stephenson and a #Covet4Good Moment?
2. What the nominee has done to overcome adversity?
3. How has the nominee inspired you?
The Essay answers are collectively your submission (the "Submission"). By uploading a Submission, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you (the nominator), from the Contest if it believes your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
· The Submission must be in English;
· The Submission content must be true and reflect your true experiences and beliefs (as applicable);
· The Submission must be your own work; and
· No portion of the Submission may have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind.
· The Submission must not include any private information of a third party such as full name, address, phone number, or email address; the information about the nominee will be on the nomination form, not in the Submission itself. Sponsor reserves the right to edit any Submission to remove what it considers to be private information;
· Entrant must have permission from all individuals nominated in the Submission (if any) to use their name(s) and story/stories in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, Entrant must be able to provide proof of such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor;
· The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
· The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
· The Submission should not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which Entrant has a limited license to use solely to create and upload a Submission in this Contest. Nothing in this Contest shall be construed to give Entrant any other rights, title, or interest to any trademarks, patents or other intellectual property rights of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to edit a Submission to remove brands, trademarks, or school or other proper names before publicizing it in any way;
· The Submission must not contain text not created by Entrant, except that the nominator may quote or paraphrase something that the nominee said or wrote;
· The Submission must not contain material that Sponsor deems to be inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
· The Submission must not contain material that Sponsor deems to promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
· The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
Each Entrant is limited to one (1) Submission. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any Entrant to upload more than one (1) Submission by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of that Entrant’s Submissions/entries and that Entrant may be disqualified from this Contest and any of the Sponsor's other promotions. By uploading a Submission, Entrant’s grants to Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, perpetual, non- exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, Entrant and/or nominee will sign documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the rights Entrant is granting to use the Submission or any portion thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Submissions, which are disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any entry or as to the owner of any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
4. DETERMINATION OF #COVET4GOOD FINALISTS AND WINNERS:
a. #Covet4Good Finalist Selection Phase: During the #Covet4Good Finalist Selection Phase, a panel of qualified judges, determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will select the five (5) nominees (i.e., the Entrant (if self-nominating) or the third party Eligible Nominee) with the highest-scoring Submissions (the "Finalists") from among all eligible Submissions received prior to the end of the Entry Period based on the following criteria:
o Quality/Clarity of Detail in Submission (75%);
o Originality (25%)
In the event of a tie, the nominee who is the subject of the Submission which received the highest score for "quality / clarity of detail in Submission" criterion, as determined by the qualified judges, will be deemed the applicable Finalist. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than five (5) Finalists, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. On or around October 17, 2016, each Finalist will be notified and required to submit his/her personal statement that explains why he or she should be selected as a #Covet4Good finalist and to attend the #Covet4Good NYC Moment.
Each Finalist must submit the personal statement by the required deadline in order to move forward in the Contest. The personal statement is limited to 500 words. The personal statement must conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions. Additional requirements and restrictions may be included in the notification.
b. #Covet4Good Winner Selection Phase: During the #Covet4Good Winner Selection Phase, a panel of qualified judges, determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will review the Finalists' personal statements and select the three (3) Finalists with the highest-scoring Finalist personal statements (the "Winners") from among all Finalist personal statements received based on the following criteria:
o Quality/Clarity of Detail in Finalist personal statement (50%);
o Enthusiasm, eagerness and excitement to participate in the #Covet4Good NYC Moment (25%); and
o Creativity of submission (25%).
In the event of a tie, the Finalist whose Finalist personal statement received the highest score for "Enthusiasm, eagerness and excitement to participate in the #Covet4Good" criterion, as determined by the qualified judges, will be deemed the applicable Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than three (3) Winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Finalist personal statement. On or around October 26, 2016, each winner will be notified by e-mail or phone or in-game message. The Winners must meet the eligibility requirements for the Contest as described above. The Sponsor will determine whether each Winner who has responded to the Selection Notification within the time allowed meets those requirements. A Winner who does not meet the eligibility requirements for the Contest will be disqualified.
6. PRIZES. Each Winners will receive a trip for one (1) to New York, New York (which may include economy roundtrip airfare from a major airport near the Winner’s residence) (the “Prize”). Each Winner must be available to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor or will be required to forfeit the Prize. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Winner is responsible for ground transportation to/from the airport at point of origin, if the winner resides more than 150 miles outside the city limits of New York, or round-trip ground transportation if the winner resides within 150 miles within the city of New York, two (2) night hotel accommodations, transportation to and from the airport to the accommodations, and transportation to and from the #Covet4Good Moment on November 3, 2016. Approximate Retail Value of each Prize ("ARV"): $2,500. The actual value of the Prize may vary depending on date and times of travel, airfare fluctuations and hotel charges at the time of travel. Therefore, the actual value of the Prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and stated approximate retail value will not be awarded. Provider will select airline, hotel, and travel dates. Dates of travel are subject to availability. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the Prize description above are the sole responsibility of winner. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. Winner are expected to dress and conduct themselves in a professional manner throughout the experience. If a Winner fails to do so, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to send such Winner home at Winner's expense.
As part of the Prize, each Winner will also receive a “Pampered Make-over” on the day of the #Covet4Good Moment. The Pampered Make-over will include lunch, makeup, manicure, pedicure, and hair styling and has an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of USD $ 200.00. Clothing, jewelry, and other items supplied by Sponsor or a third party to be used for the #Covet4Good Moment must be returned at the end of the #Covet4Good Moment.
In addition, as part of the Prize each Winner will also receive participation in a special event as specified in the Covet Fashion game’s feed story on or about November 3, 2016 which shall have an ARV of $300.00.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
Odds of winning a Prize depend on number of eligible entries received. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within two (2) days after delivery of notification will be forfeited. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any Prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one (1) prize per household or address. Actual appearance and features of the Prize shall be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion and may vary from photos, descriptions and specifications used in print and electronic advertising, information materials and third-party resources. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
7. Disclaimer/General Release/Limitation of Liability. Sponsor, the Platforms and all other Participating Entities will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries, which may be disqualified; (b) failure to access a cellular network or Internet or send a text message or otherwise transmit anything for any period of time, regardless of telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; (d) any technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in these Official Rules or any marketing materials associated with the Contest; or (e) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. By entering the Contest, you release and agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, Provider, the Platforms and all their respective shareholders, directors, officers and employees, one and all, and all Participating Entities from any liability whatsoever (including, without limitation, for damage to entrant’s or any other person or entity’s cellular or computer hardware or software or communications network, regardless of cause), and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to travel, personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, PROVIDER, THE PLATFORMS OR PARTICIPATING ENTITIES, THEIR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
8. Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use a Winner’s name, address, likeness, identifying characteristics and/or prize information for promotional purposes in perpetuity, including but not limited to the taking of photographs and/or videos by Sponsor and/or the Participating Entities for publicity purposes and posting the names and images of a Winner on CrowdStar’s Facebook or other Platform fan page, without further permission or compensation. If selected as a Winner, each Entrant agrees to execute, and to ensure that any Eligible Nominee executes, any and all documents requested by Sponsor to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, Winners (1) waive the right to (a) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and (b) claim any liability (including attorney’s fees and costs) that might arise from using, receiving, redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto); and (2) may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and each winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
9. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any Prize (or portion thereof), each Winner will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release within two (2) days of the Winner being notified of his or her status as a potential winner. Failure to properly complete, sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release, or any other documents that the Sponsor requires Winners to fill out and execute as a condition of being awarded a Prize (or any portion thereof), within such two (2)-day timeframe may result in such Winner forfeiting the entire Prize. All forms or other documents may be considered incomplete if they are incomplete or contain errors.
10. Winners’ List; Rules Request. For a copy of the list of Winners, send a stamped, self-addressed, No. 10 business-size envelope, within (30) days of the ending of the Contest Period, to CrowdStar, Inc., 330 Primrose Road, Burlingame, CA 94010 Attn: CrowdStar #Covet4Good CONTEST Winners’ List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to CrowdStar, Inc., 330 Primrose Road, Burlingame, CA 94010 Attn: CrowdStar #Covet4Good CONTEST Official Rules Request. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
11. Early Termination. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Contest if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, infection by network virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure or any other cause. In the case of early termination, the winner will be drawn from eligible entries received up to the time of cancellation.
12. Governing Law. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California. Entrant and all Winners agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any prizes awarded, and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in the state or federal courts sitting in San Mateo County, California. By entering the Contest and/or by claiming a Prize, you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
14. Platforms. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Platform. Please contact CrowdStar with any questions about this Contest. Please do not direct any communications about this Contest to any Platform.
15. Additional Terms. Each Entrant represents and warrants that it has all rights and permissions necessary, including but not limited to any rights or permissions of each Eligible Nominee submitted by such Entrant, to provide to Sponsor and all Participating Entities for use and disclosure in accordance with these Official Rules all information and materials provided by Entrant. Any potential Winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such individual is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. Submissions. Any Submissions or other data, text, graphics, photographs and their selection and arrangement, and any other materials submitted by you in connection with the Contest (collectively, “Submitted Materials”) are subject, whether in whole or in part, to unlimited commercial, non-commercial and/or promotional use by CrowdStar. Submitted Materials are not confidential and will not be returned to you. You represent and warrant that your Submissions are original to you and that you exclusively own the rights to such Submissions, including the right to grant all of the rights and licenses herein incurring any third party obligations or liability arising out of its exercise of such rights and licenses. You hereby grant to CrowdStar a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid-up and royalty-free license, (with the right to sublicense), to use, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast and otherwise exploit your Submitted Materials and all derivative works. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in your Submitted Materials.
17. Miscellaneous. For all matters arising out of or relating to the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. No Entrant or Winner shall have the right to contest any decision by the Sponsor concerning any aspect of the Contest or the interpretation of the Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend, modify or cancel the Contest or any entrant’s participation in the Contest if viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or if the Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Contest as planned (all such decisions made by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to ban, restrict or lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If any provision of these Official Rules shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
© 2014-2016 CrowdStar, Inc. All marks are the trademarks of their respective owners.